Monday, December 16, 2013

A letter to my readers.



I started this blog with the hope of helping moms know that they were not alone in the chaos of Motherhood. My goal was to give my experiences as an example of how, even if we feel we are failing, we can be and ARE doing great work as mothers. I'd hoped to bring recipes, crafts, insight and commiseration, my successes and failures with a bit of humor, to the mamas and their allies, to let them know they are not alone. We are all in this together.

I've definitely reached that goal.

It's come to be that I realize my writing tends to focus on a more specific aspect of parenting, that time is the Childbearing Year - the time surrounding pregnancy and birth and the early post postpartum period. Now that I'm out of the fog of that time myself, with my youngest children nearing two, I feel compelled to use what knowledge and insight I've gained to help other women (and their allies!) navigate this very crucial time in the parenting journey.

So, I've decided to dedicate this space to that end. My hope is that those who chose to start this blogging adventure with me will continue to read and enjoy what I have to offer. I'll still incorporate recipes and humor, the spirit of the blog will remain the same. I feel, however it's time to go deeper into what can make the parenting journey successful beyond the crafts and what we feed our kids.  I believe the Childbearing year is a topic that should not be relegated to baby websites and pregnancy blogs but that we all, all of us, have the ability to manifest great change in the world by informing ourselves on the deep and profound changes that childbearing brings to families an the lasting impact our birthing and breastfeeding experiences have on our individual health, family health and ultimately the very health of the World community. Birth Matters, Breastfeeding Matters, Mothers and Children MATTER and we have the ability to change and improve the way we are honoring these very important aspects of the human experience. My goal is help you find the tools and support to do that, and so this blog will be dedicated to that clearer vision.

With great love,
Kait Moon - The Imperfect Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment