The book has taken up over a year of my life and all of my free time, which as you can imagine is limited when raising four kids and unschooling. It is printed and is out now! You can buy it on Etsy.
It's a limited edition and there are only about 100 copies left so get yours now! I also have a very limited number of my tea kits and some really cool tote bags that were made for the Indiegogo campaign (I ordered extra at my own expense) that can be purchased. All proceeds go towards updating the book and reprinting.
![]() |
| Instagram of feedback from IGG donaor on her perks! Thanks for the great feedback Rachel! |
Here is some more of the feedback I've received on the book:
"I think this book is a wonderful resource. It is brief but packed with key information, including much of what I discuss with new breastfeeders in the hospital all the time. Its warmth and empathy is a connection to the mother to mother support that we have lost over generations. I would recommend it to any breastfeeding mother or anyone who works with or supports breastfeeding mothers."
Hilary Gerber D.O.
Chief Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology
“This new resource is so exciting and wonderful for many reasons, especially because it is welcoming of baby-feeding trans dads like me. As a birthing/baby-feeding trans father, I am moved to see parents like me welcomed in this loving and informed breastfeeding resource.”
Simon Knaphus
Writer, Activist Lawyer and Rad Dad contributor
Also with regard to my Indiegogo ambitions, I've had to put the continuing education on hold as my health has been suffering over the course of publishing the book. I was in hospital last year, underwent a CAT scan and lots of jabbing with needles on multiple occasions, and have seen several specialists. They still aren't sure what is up but I've had to put bigger projects like the herbal medicine for women course on hold as I've come to realize that with four young children and limited outside help that it's not something I could excel at at the moment.
I gave back $1,000 of my Indiegogo funds to my very generous anonymous last-minute donor. They asked me to keep the rest and I used that to offset the greater expenses associated with fulfilling the perks. I have a small budget left to promote the book and any left over funds will be kept in savings until I can print a second run.
I am also planning a series of blogs on parenting, social justice, ways to keep sane with kids and how to support the parents in your life, in the coming weeks and hope you'll stay with me as this space evolves.
Forever in Gratitude,
Kait Moon - The imperfect Wife

No comments:
Post a Comment